About this course
The Melbourne Conservatorium of Music offers a wide range of study options including:
Graduate Research programs:
- Master of Music - specialisations available in Performance, Conducting, Composition, Musicology, Ethnomusicology and Music Therapy.
- Doctor of Philosophy - Music
Graduate Coursework programs:
- Master of Music (Performance Teaching) - a new specialist coursework degree enabling graduates in Western classical and contemporary music to work as performer-teachers in a variety of situations including community, private provider and further education settings and as instrumental/vocal instructors in schools.
- Master of Music (Opera Performance) - a new specialist coursework degree, offered in conjunction with Victorian Opera, delivering elite-level training for opera performers.
- Master of Music Therapy - a coursework program leading to professional registration as Music Therapists (RMT) with the Australian Music Therapy Association (Inc.).
- Master of Music Studies Intensive Mode - designed for music professionals in educational organisations who wish to enhance their expertise in ways directly relevant to their work.
- Graduate Diploma in Guided Imagery and Music - an intensive mode program providing advanced level training in Guided Imagery and Music (GIM) therapy.
- Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Music - designed for university graduates in any field who wish to undertake university-level study in music. Specialisations available in Practical Study, Composition, Musicology and Ethnomusicology.
For full details of graduate courses offered by the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, see www.conservatorium.unimelb.edu.au/grad
Last updated: 6 December 2019