About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Majors, minors and specialisations
Currently enrolled students:
- Further information: http://courses.science.unimelb.edu.au/study/degrees/doctor-of-philosophy-science/overview
- Email: email@example.com
Mr James Perry
1. The Faculty of Science may admit a candidate for the degree of Doctor of Science who has made a significant contribution in a scientific field closely related to the core disciplines within the Faculty of Science and either
- has held a University of Melbourne Bachelor degree or Master degree or MPhil or PhD for more than ten years
- has held a Bachelor degree or Master degree or MPhil or PhD, for more than ten years, from another institution and has been a member of the academic staff of the University of Melbourne or had a substantial association with the University of Melbourne, for at least five years.
Meeting this requirement does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance.
The Academic Board may determine levels of prior academic performance which guarantee selection.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants will satisfy the University's English language requirements for the Diploma by meeting the English language requirements for the Bachelor degree in which they are enrolled concurrently
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this course are articulated in the Course Structure & Available Subjects field of this entry. The University is dedicated to provide support to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison website: http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 18 December 2020