Master of Landscape Architecture (MC-LARCH3Y) // Attributes, outcomes and skills
About this course
Professor Alan Pert
Melbourne School of Design
Currently enrolled students:
- Further information: http://msd.unimelb.edu.au/
- Email: http://msd.unimelb.edu.au
This course is currently accredited by the Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA).
Intended learning outcomes
Students in our programs are provided with:
The program structure is designed both to expand on existing qualifications in the field and to provide opportunities for an internationally recognised professional qualification for those from other fields. Major areas of study are underpinned by highly qualified staff actively involved in cross-disciplinary research in these areas. Core subjects are supplemented by electives from allied disciplines, including urban design, urban planning, architecture, property and construction, as well as subjects designed to explore cross-disciplinary and international practice.
- Design knowledge from studio-based courses that contribute to the improvement of our built and natural environments;
- Critical engagement with parameters of international contemporary practice;
- The ability to develop design strategies within interdisciplinary teams supported by excellent communication skills;
- Opportunities for travelling studios, both onshore and offshore;
- Landscape-focused and interdisciplinary elective choices;
- The ability to use resources, materials and technologies to develop responsible and ecologically sound and novel design solution; and,
- Knowledge of landscape architectural history and theory and critical skills to interpret historic ideas, environmental movements and contemporary trends.
The Master of Landscape Architecture will incorporate research-led teaching, problem-based collaborative learning, professional engagement, and a diverse mature cohort. Graduates of the Master of Landscape Architecture will have high-level professional and intellectual capabilities enabling them to demonstrate leadership, a commitment to life-long learning, and professional integrity.
The Master of Landscape Architecture has been specifically designed around the University of Melbourne’s graduate coursework, graduate attributes and professional challenges. The program will undergo a regular review process for quality assurance.
Last updated: 24 January 2023