About this course
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Level 1, Brownless Biomedical Library
The University of Melbourne (Parkville Campus)
Victoria 3010, Australia
Future students: http://mdhs-study.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/master-of-philosophy
Current students: email@example.com
Associate Dean (Research Training)
- Candidates enrol in a thesis subject for the duration of the degree.
- The normal period of candidature is 18 months for full-time candidates with the possibility of up to 6 months extension.
- All candidates are required to complete a minimum of 6 months full-time research at the University in order to benefit from planning, conducting and writing up their research within a University community and environment.
- Normally the entire degree is undertaken at the University.
- A candidate will have appropriately experienced supervisor/s and an Advisory Committee who in consultation with the candidate, arranges a course of supervised research designed to suit the individual requirements and interests of the candidate.
- A candidate may be required to supplement their research program by attendance at, or enrolment in, additional subjects if considered necessary by the supervisor(s).
- All candidates are expected to attend departmental seminars over the period of their candidature.
- Academic progress is reviewed regularly throughout the degree.
- All candidates for the degree will be examined on the basis of their thesis which is examined externally. The thesis should normally be between 30,000 and 40,000 words in length excluding tables, illustrations and bibliography.
- Candidates should refer to the University policy library and the Graduate Research Hub for further information regarding candidature, academic progress, ethics, thesis preparation and examination.
- To be eligible to submit a thesis for examination, students must be enrolled in their course for the minimum period of 6 months full-time equivalent.
Last updated: 24 January 2023