|Year of offer||Not available in 2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Students will undertake a series of drawn analyses of chosen architectural works to identify compositional tactics, to interpret architectural theories and the ideological and philosophical positions of particular architects.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the subject students should have developed the ability to:
- Graphically analyse architectural works;
- Identify and interpret major architectural theories and philosophical positions, and their modes of expression;
- Interpret and speculate on the contemporary consequences of previous architectural developments.
- Use of graphical presentations to analyse, design and communicate;
- Appropriate use of technical terminology;
- Analysis and synthesis of data;
- Application of generic theories to specific examples;
- Methods of documentation and presentation.