|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will be exploring digital fabrication techniques, physical computing and rapid (laser-cut), model-making and prototyping drawing on reference material as a narrative base.
The subject will have an emphasis on hands-on exploration of spatial and creative processes will challenge the role of drawing, making and constructing skills within today’s technology.
This subject will involve teamwork and will be focused on creating an interdisciplinary approach to utilise computing tools (digital + physical) for architectural design.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Identify emerging digital trends in practice
- Develop design ideas through rapid prototyping
- Demonstrate an understanding of design tools such as grasshopper, arduino and their direct application into a final design product.
- Communicate design solutions by means of sketches, drawings and oral presentations.
- Written, verbal and visual presentation of ideas
- Time management, including designing within specific time frames
- Methods of documentation
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Ability to understand construction constraints and strategies using digital and physical modelling
Last updated: 29 October 2019