|Fees||Look up fees|
Topics include experience rating; claim run-off triangles; generalised linear models; time series and their applications; simulation.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject a student should be able to:
- Describe the fundamental concepts of rating and apply them to simple experience rating systems;
- Describe and apply techniques for analysing a delay (or run-off) triangle and projecting the ultimate position;
- Explain the fundamental concepts of a generalised linear model (GLM), and describe how a GLM may apply;
- Define and apply the main concepts underlying the analysis of time series models;
- Explain the concepts of “Monte Carlo” simulation using a series of pseudorandom numbers.
High level of development:
- Written communication;
- Problem solving;
- Statistical reasoning;
- Application of theory to practice;
- Interpretation and analysis;
- Synthesis of data and other information;
- Evaluation of data and other information;
- Use of computer software.
Last updated: 29 July 2022