All required readings will be available though LMS.
Recommended texts and other resources
A full list will be provided in the handbook. These include:
- Leon Battista Alberti, On Painting and On Sculpture: The Latin Texts of De Pictura and De Statua translated by Cecil Grayson, London, 1972.
- Michael Baxandall, Painting and Experience in Fifteenth-Century Italy: a primer in the social history of pictorial style, Oxford, 1972.
- Jill Dunkerton and others, Giotto to Durer: Early Renaissance Painting in the National Gallery: Early European Painting in the National Gallery of London, Yale University Press, 1991.
- Giorgio Vasari, The Lives of the Artists, translated with an introduction and notes by Julia Conaway Bondanella and Peter Bondanella., Oxford 1991.
- Evelyn Welch, Art in Renaissance Italy, 1350-1500 Oxford University Press.
- Subject notes
Formerly available as 107-242/673-357 Renaissance Art 1: Donatello to Leonardo and 107-243/673-358 Renaissance Art 2: Giorgione to Michelan. Students who have completed either of these subjects are not able to enrol in this subject.
- Related Handbook entries
- Breadth options
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
- Available to Study Abroad and/or Study Exchange Students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from eligible overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad. Students are required to satisfy any listed requirements, such as pre- and co-requisites, for enrolment in the subject.
Last updated: 16 June 2020