|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Original research on an approved research project selected in consultation with the supervisor. The research project will be in the field of arts and cultural management as applied to a single art form or cross-art form projects such as festivals, multimedia projects or international exchange in the arts. A minimum of 50% of the student's research project must involve theoretical study. The theoretical study will provide a framework for any practical research undertaken.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- evaluate the current state of research in their selected field of study;
- identify and define a research issue;
- select and apply the appropriate methodology for collection and analysis of information in their chosen field; and
- select an appropriate form for the dissemination of their research findings.
At the completion of this subject, student will gain the following generic skills:
- have further developed their research skills;
- have developed their ability to think and argue critically and to express their ideas in written communication; and
- have developed skills in oral presentation.