|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject aims to enable students to deepen and broaden their understanding of core and, whether perennial, resurgent or cutting-edge, contemporary concepts in the social sciences. The emphasis is on relating this to students' development of their own and their peers' doctoral theses.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject students should be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of some core contemporary concepts in the social sciences;
- have an enhanced awareness of the range of contemporary scholarship in their discipline or interdisciplinary area;
- demonstrate an ability to reflect on, critically evaluate and synthesise the contemporary research literatures relevant to their thesis topic;
- formulate and present the research proposal for their confirmation; and
- articulate the range of problems, concepts and theories relevant to their thesis and field of study.
Last updated: 6 December 2019