|Fees||Look up fees|
Taxation Law II will explore different topics to those covered in Taxation Law I and will also examine some topics which are briefly covered in Taxation Law I in further detail. This subject will cover:
- Tax Structures – companies, trusts and partnerships;
- international taxation issues;
- Taxation of Superannuation;
- Tax Accounting;
- advanced aspects of tax administration and tax avoidance rules;
- State Taxes; and
- ethical and professional responsibilities of tax agents.
Completion of BLAW30002 Taxation Law I and BLAW30003 Taxation Law II satisfies the requirements for a Tax Practitioner Board ‘approved course in Australian taxation law’ under the ‘mix and match’ approach. Refer to www.tpb.gov.au for further information.
Intended learning outcomes
The objectives of this course are to provide students with an advanced knowledge of taxation law in Australia and the skills to develop future learning and understanding of taxation law issues.
- legal research and writing;
- oral communication skills;
- identification and familiarity with legal material; and
- legal reasoning.
Last updated: 21 February 2020