|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject demonstrates to you the benefits of undertaking marketing actions within a strategic framework, and will show you how that can be achieved. Marketing Strategy enables us to refine our vision, check its fit with our target markets’ needs, focus our efforts on the most worthwhile opportunities, and see how best to realize those opportunities. There are three logical steps in this process: (1) Analysis, (2) Generating and Calibrating Strategic Options, and (3) Planning to realize chosen options. We will examine each of these in this subject.
This subject provides an overall direction for the marketing effort. It also links marketing to corporate strategy, and through it to other managerial functions in the organization.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Align marketing strategy with the overall strategy of the organization.
- Influence the development of overall corporate strategy to include a central focus on customers.
- Respond to dynamic changes in the environment, and incorporate such contingent responses in the design of marketing strategy.
- Prioritize strategic marketing initiatives to assist the organization in meeting its marketing and overall goals.
- Overcome strategic marketing challenges in meeting an organization’s marketing and overall goals.
- Develop and manage a multi-product multi-customer strategy.