|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will outline some of the major methods of organic synthesis including asymmetric aldol and related reactions, sigmatropic rearrangements and metal-catalysed transformations. Applications in the synthesis of important chiral molecules will be discussed.
Intended learning outcomes
- Show an increased knowledge and understanding of advanced organic chemical synthesis.
- Understand useful methods for stoichiometric asymmetric synthesis.
- Be able to use transition state models to predict stereochemical outcomes.
- Provide plausable chemcial synthesis
- Advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- An ability to evaluate the professional literature
- A capacity to apply concepts developed in one area to a different context
- An understanding of the changing knowledge base
- The ability to use conceptual models to rationalize experimental observations
Last updated: 29 October 2019