Bioprocess Engineering (CHEN90031) // Assessment
You’re currently viewing the 2019 version of this subject
About this subject
- Eligibility and requirements
- Dates and times
- Further information
- Timetable(opens in new window)
Please refer to the specific study period for contact information.
- One three-hour examination (70%). Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) 1 and 2 are addressed in the examination. The examination paper will consist of problems designed to test whether the student has acquired the ability to apply fundamental principles to the solutions of problems involving bioprocesses. The problems set for the exam will be similar in style to those undertaken in the tutorial classes, but will require the student to show that they can extend themselves beyond the level of the simpler tutorial problems. Due during end of semester exam period.
- One written assignment of no more than 2000 words (20%). Time commitment of approximately 25 - 30 hours of work. ILOs 1 and 2 are addressed in the written assessment. Summer: Due weeks 2 to 3. Semester 1 : Due weeks 4 to 5.
- Two practical work assignments not exceeding a total of 1000 words. (10% total; 5% each). Total time commitment of approximately 13 - 15 hours of work. ILO 3 is assessed in the practical work. Summer: Due weeks 1 to 3. Semester 1: Due weeks 2 to 5
Hurdle requirement: The examination must be passed to pass the subject.
Last updated: 3 November 2022