|Fees||Look up fees|
Students undertake a research investigation under the supervision of a member of the academic staff and in the context of one of the departmental research groups.
As a research subject, content is different for each student. Common content includes research methodology, literature search, and scientific writing, and giving scientific presentations.
Intended learning outcomes
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES (ILO)
The purpose of this subject is to allow students to get some research experience by studying a selected topic in detail under the supervision of a member of academic staff. The subject will provide research training and skills in:
- Problem analysis
- Design and development of complex software systems
On completion of this subject students should have the following skills:
- Be able to undertake problem identification, formulation and solution
- Have a capacity for independent critical thought, rational inquiry and self-directed learning
- Have a profound respect for truth and intellectual integrity, and for the ethics of scholarship
- Be able to present work in written form; and
- Be able to present work orally and answer questions about it.
Last updated: 2 December 2019