A subject reader will be available. Some texts will also be made available through the LMS electronic site for the subject.
- J Rose, The Case of Peter Pan or: The Impossiblity of Children’s Literature, Pennsylvania Press, 1992.
- P Hunt, Understanding Children’s Literature, Routledge, 2000.
Recommended texts and other resources
- J Zipes, Sticks and stones: the troublesome success of children's literature from Slovenly Peter to Harry Potter, Routledge, 2002.
- P Nodelman, The Hidden Adult: Defining Children’s Literature, The John Hopkins University Press, 2008.
- J Harding et al (eds), What do you see? International Perspectives on Children’s Book Illustration, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2008.
- Subject notes
This subject is taught in alternate years, alternating with CWRI90009 Young Adult Fiction.
- Related Handbook entries
This subject contributes to the following:
Type Name Course Master of Creative Writing, Publishing and Editing Specialisation (formal) Creative Writing Informal specialisation Creative Writing Informal specialisation PD-ARTS Creative Writing Specialisation (formal) Creative Writing Specialisation (formal) Creative Writing
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
Additional information for this subject
Subject coordinator approval required
Last updated: 6 December 2019