|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject aims to extend the student's education and intellectual development in the field of biomedical science. This subject uses a structured approach to introduce students to advances in biomedical research with an emphasis on oral health science. In a series of 10 x 1 hour lectures and 10 x 1 hour seminars, students are introduced to advances in oral health research.
Intended learning outcomes
- To become aware of the scientific advances in oral health research within the context of contemporary biomedical research.
- To develop an understanding of the scientific and technical basis of selected advanced techniques in oral health research.
- To appreciate the need for multi-disciplinary approaches to research within oral health science.
- To gain a familiarity with the role of industry-based collaborations for the development of diagnostics and therapeutics through to clinical trials and the commercialisation process.
You should expect to develop skills in the following areas:
- critical analysis and decision making;
- how to seek and retrieve relevant information;
- how to work effectively in a team environment;
- planning and organization;
- problem solving;
- time management;
- extended observation;
- good oral and written communication.
Last updated: 6 December 2019