|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject follows on from the Doctor of Clinical Dentistry year 1 subject Research Proposal with work commencing on the research project that includes project development, conducting experimental work, data analysis, data collection and thesis writing, as well as making any adjustments necessary to the literature review and materials and methods sections of the thesis.
This subject contributes to the overall completion of a piece of original research and the submission of a research thesis of approximately 25,000 words at the end of Minor Thesis 2.
Students undertake the Minor Thesis subjects over 2 consecutive years, building on previous teaching periods and culminating in the final body of work, the minor thesis.
On-going assessment of the research protocol, methods and data generated during this period will be undertaken at least monthly during meetings with the supervisor/s.
Satisfactory progress will be designated by a Pass/Fail result.
Intended learning outcomes
- Implement the start-up phase of a research project
- Identify initial challenges to conducting a research project
- Understand the theoretical context of an issue of concern in the relevant Specialist Dentistry field
- Demonstrate a capacity to engage in reflective, critical discussion of the research topic
- Understand and implement the appropriate statistical method for the research project
- Design the layout of a thesis and manage Reference management software
Last updated: 18 December 2020