|Year of offer||2019|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Through a course of research, students undertake their year-long project under the guidance of their individual supervisor for presentation at the end of the academic year. The major project can consist of single defined project and/or contributions to a number of projects depending on the nature of the discipline. Examples might include writing or devising new work, performing a in an existing play or researching an area of performance practice. At the time of selection the written outline of the proposed major project or major field of study is submitted. This provides the framework for developing the lines of inquiry taken by the student and the final creative work outcome.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will:
- prepare students for research-led graduate study;
- provide students of proven ability to undertake advanced work in their chosen major study;
- develop the student’s capabilities, as a better informed, skilled and more articulate practitioner;
- develop a high level of artistic practice and further develop analytical, critical and research skills;
- promote critical reflection on the work produced;
- produce professional practitioners within the discipline of theatre.
On completing this subject, students will have acquired key skills including:
- the ability to engage in independent and contextually-informed practice;
- well-developed and flexible problem-solving abilities appropriate to the major study.