|Fees||Look up fees|
The student will prepare under supervision a thesis proposal, providing a clear indication of the nature and purpose of the research to be undertaken in the D.Ed thesis. The proposal should contain:
- a clear statement of the purpose of the research and the research question(s) being investigated;
- a justification of why the chosen topic is a worthwhile one to research;
- a substantial overview and critical discussion of research already done in the area available in the research literature;
- a critical discussion of the research methodology proposed, showing its appropriateness for answering the research question(s); and
- an outline of the research design and the timeline for implementing it.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- define a viable topic for research;
- undertake a literature review of research already undertaken on the topic;
- define an appropriate methodology for investigating the topic.
- Ability to define an area requiring investigation
- Synthesis and critical analysis of research literature
- Ability to produce a sustained piece of academic writing.
Last updated: 6 December 2019