February - Online
July - Online
|Fees||Look up fees|
Students negotiate an individual project relating to education with an individual supervisor. The project includes a critical review of relevant academic and research literature and a research project relating to educational practice. Students also participate in regular online activities to support them and build their skills as they develop their project, analyse research literature and data, and write up their research report.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Design a research project with appropriate methodology and research techniques
- Analyse, critique and synthesise knowledge in a particular field in education
- Analyse and interpret relevant research data
- Identify the theoretical context of an issue of concern in education and articulate its application to the issue
- Evaluate potential research methodologies and ethical considerations, and make judgements about their appropriateness for a given project
- Demonstrate a capacity to conduct research projects
- Engage in reflective, critical discussion of the research in an area of particular interest.
- On completion of this subject, participants will be able to: Be skilled communicators who can effectively articulate and justify relationships between theory, research and teaching Be flexible and able to adapt to change through knowing how to learn using research processes; Understand the significance of developing their practice on the basis of research evidence; Work in teams with skills in cooperation, communication and negotiation to engage in reflective and critical discussion of research in education; Have a conscious personal and social values base and apply this to their work.
Last updated: 22 June 2020