- Individual continuous assessment of the lecture component of the subject, comprising submitted work not exceeding 25 pages over Semester 1 (approximately 45-50 hours of work per student), worth 20%;
- Individual oral assessment of duration at most 15 minutes per student towards the end of Semester 2 (approximately 35-40 hours of work per student), worth 15%;
- A group oral presentation of duration at most 30 minutes, and a public display of project outcomes towards the end of Semester 2 (approximately 35-40 hours of work per student), worth 10%;
- A group preliminary report not exceeding the sum of 10 pages per student plus 20 pages (excluding appendices), due two weeks before the oral presentation, worth 10%;
- A final group report not exceeding the sum of 15 pages per student plus 30 pages (excluding appendices), due at the end of Semester 2 at the beginning of the examination period, worth 45% (The preliminary report and final report requires approximately 180-200 hours of work per student.).
Hurdle requirement: In order to pass the subject, students must receive a mark of at least 40 out of 80 for the components related to the project (i.e. the individual oral assessment, the group oral presentation and public display, the preliminary report and the final report).
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) 1, 2, and 3 are assessed in all assessment components. ILOs 4 and 5 are primarily assessed in the continuous assessment of the project management component of the subject.
Last updated: 2 December 2019