- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus, (Oxford)
- Aphra Behn, Oronooko (Oxford or Penguin)
- Stephen Greenblatt (Ed)The Norton Anthology of English Literature, Tenth Edition. Volume D: The Romantic Period (Norton)
- Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre, (Oxford)
- Frederick Douglass, Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave (Oxford)
- William Shakespeare, Othello, (Oxford)
- George Farquhar, The Recruiting Officer (Methuen, New Mermaids imprint)
- Oscar Wilde, ‘The Ballad of Reading Gaol’ in Complete Poems (Oxford)
- Henrik Ibsen, A Doll's House in Four Major Plays (Oxford)
A subject reader will also be available
- Subject notes
Students who have completed 106-109 Shakespeare’s Theatre or 106-109 Literary Self Fashioning are not eligible to enrol in this subject.
- Related Handbook entries
- Breadth options
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
- Available to Study Abroad and/or Study Exchange Students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from eligible overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad. Students are required to satisfy any listed requirements, such as pre- and co-requisites, for enrolment in the subject.
Last updated: 16 June 2020