|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject addresses and introduces students to the field of contemporary art practice through a series of set projects that will explore the basic materials, methods and concepts of sculpture and digital and installation art forms. Developed specifically for Graduate Certificate students, this subject will focus on traditional techniques and methodologies as well as exploring other related media, technologies and processes.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will:
- assist students to extend and inform their individual art practice through undertaking studies in different and/or complimentary artistic media and processes.
- assist with the development of confidence in articulation of ideas and critical analysis of work produced.
On the completion of this subject students will be able to:
• demonstrate a good understanding of the national and international challenges for the professional visual artist in the 21st century, including a willingness to engage with artistic imagination, creativity, transformation and interpretation;
• demonstrate capacities for material and methodological understanding in the basic areas of sculpture and digital art forms;
• demonstrate an open, independent and inquiring attitude towards contemporary cultural developments and new ideas.
Last updated: 6 December 2019