|Fees||Look up fees|
A series of weekly seminars dealing with the examination of texts and works of art formative in contemporary critical practices. The course is run as a reading group and critical workshop. Discussion is focussed on critical methods and arguments demonstrated in the reading material and, according to opportunity, on current art exhibitions or events.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will enable students to:
- develop an understanding of the professional and institutional practices that comprise the contemporary art profession;
- demonstrate through critical writing and discussion the capacity to articulate judgements and opinions that reflect an understanding of the field;
- engage professionally within the institutional context of contemporary art.
On completion of this subject students will be able to:
• utilise at an advanced level skills of analysis, interpretation and evaluation in their own critical response to works of art;
• critically test their own and others opinions and assertions about works of art;
• communicate in a lucid and persuasive manner, verbally and in writing, their analysis, interpretation and evaluation of works of art.
Last updated: 6 December 2019