|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework Level 7|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Professional Perspectives is a Professional Development Seminar. Areas to be considered include various aspects of proposal writing, professional exhibition models, professional documentation of artwork, ethical conduct/public liability, intellectual property, curatorial /museum sector questions, community involvement and small business regimes appropriate to professional visual artists.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will enable students to:
• develop an understanding of the professional and institutional practices that comprise the contemporary art profession;
• demonstrate through critical writing and discussion the capacity to articulate judgements and opinions that reflect an understanding of the field;
• engage professionally within the institutional context of contemporary art.
On completion of this subject students will:
• have developed an understanding of the mechanisms for writing a grant or other proposal;
• have developed an understanding of the functions of a contemporary art curator;
• have developed an understanding of the functions of contemporary art gallery spaces including public sector and commercial galleries and other structures such as experimental and artist run initiatives and projects;
• have developed an understanding of ethical and copyright issues as these have a bearing on professional art practice;
• have developed an understanding of the mechanisms running a contemporary art practice.