|Fees||Look up fees|
Screenwriting 2 continues to build on the concepts learned in Screenwriting 1 through class work, lectures and tutorials. Classes incorporate lectures, script readings, group discussions and film screenings. Students read and analyse feature screenplays and attend screenings in preparation for presentations in class. Students also undertake the writing of a short script for a production exercise. Progress is monitored at tutorials.
Intended learning outcomes
On completing this subject students will:
- Have further stimulated their intellectual curiosity and creativity through the development of additional screenwriting skills;
- Further developed their understanding of narrative structures for short screen-based productions;
- Be skilled in originating story ideas and developing them into a script for the screen.
- Be familiar with concepts pertaining to the narrative structures of feature length screenplays
On completing this subject students will be able to:
- Plan and organise work effectively;
- Exercise an open attitude to new ideas;
- More confidently communicate in oral and written form;
- Further enhance skills used to interpret, analyse and problem solve;
- More confidently apply theoretical knowledge to practical problems;
- Further enhance positive self-critical and peer review skills;
- Begin to consolidate a set of flexible and transferable skills for different types of employment.
- More confidently present opinions and analysis in classroom discussion
Last updated: 29 October 2019