|Fees||Look up fees|
Critical Reflection allows students an opportunity to critically engage, through the post-production process, with their own creative work. Each student engages critically, under supervision and interrogation, with material that they have produced through Screen Practice 3. Students reflect on the material’s original intention, challenges in the delivery of that intention, given the material produced, and consider how to re-purpose the material to achieve or revise the original intention. Audience engagement with the material and story are strong indicators that the student directors need to reflect upon.
Intended learning outcomes
- To enhance the student’s self-reflective abilities;
- To reshape story material with an objective eye;
- To facilitate awareness of audience perceptions of their material;
- To enhance technical proficiency in offline editing;
- To enhance effective communication with collaborators.
Upon completion of this subjects students will be able to:
- Critically reshape their original story material for stronger story outcomes;
- Work at a high level of proficiency with post production technologies to manipulate production material to a satisfactory conclusion;
- Receive and apply critical feedback from peers, fresh audiences and supervisors;
- Critically reflect upon their process, decisions, and development as a film director;
- Collaborate effectively.
Last updated: 6 December 2019