|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Students are able to choose an industry attachment or a substantial research document that prepares the student for a career within the entertainment industry. Students who choose an attachment will be expected to find a screenwriting relevant attachment for a period of 2 - 4 weeks. This will be off-campus depending on the location of the attachment. The attachment exercise will be completed with the delivery of a report by the student. The research document, if chosen, will be of substantial weight. Students will be required to nominate an area of research relevant to screenwriting and to research and write a paper interrogating their area of enquiry. Either choice will require students to demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will:
- Enable students to intensively explore one area of screenwriting practice.
- Open future pathways for students to either undertake further study at an honours or post graduate level and/or to develop professional connections within the industry to promote future employment opportunities.
- Further develop industry knowledge and professional skills.
- Enable student to develop independent work behaviours.
On completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Work in an independently motivated manner
- To lead a project from concept to completion
- Communicate in oral and written form