|Fees||Look up fees|
Screenwriting is studied in a series of 8 x 1.5 hour lecture program, plus tutorials, screenings and screenwriting workshops. These deal with moving picture language and principles of characterization and dramatic form. Screenwriting exercises are undertaken by students. Each student also develops scripts for two exercises. Students undertake additional specialist screenwriting tutorials relevant to their strand of study.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will:
• introduce students to the main elements of the craft of screenwriting;
• introduce students to the fundamentals of script editing and re-writing;
• develop script analysis and feedback skills for both short and long form scripts.
On completing this subject students will have gained:
• confidence in presenting work for critical review;
• enhanced critical listening skills that effect productive writing and re-writing;
• insight into the process of drafting and redrafting short film scripts;
• an understanding of the importance of audience participation;
• heightened writing skills.
Last updated: 29 October 2019