|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject involves a supervised study of an area of scholarship chosen by the student in consultation with an appointed supervisor. The subject encourages independent, critical thought and self-directed enquiry. Students will develop their ability to plan work and use available time effectively. This is an individualised subject, which enables students to pursue studies in areas of food and related fields, not otherwise covered in the normal subjects offered within the degree structure.
Intended learning outcomes
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a contemporary topic in food.
- Demonstrate an ability to integrate and apply disciplinary knowledge and skills to the study of a chosen area of scholarship.
- Assemble, evaluate and synthesise information in a chosen area of scholarship.
- Present findings on a chosen area of scholarship in a clear, concise and persuasive form.
- Express enhanced capacity for independent enquiry, critical thinking and theoretical reflection.
On completion of this subject, students should have developed:
- An ability to assemble, evaluate and synthesise information
- A capacity to articulate knowledge and understanding through written communication
- A capacity for independent critical thought, rational inquiry and self-directed study.