|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 1|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject focuses on consolidating and developing the skills of reading, writing, listening, aural comprehension and conversing in Hebrew, with emphasis on grammatical structures and expansion of vocabulary. It features advanced work on speaking and creative writing, through a reading of contemporary newspaper articles, magazines, short stories, poetry and film, and enables students to enhance and extend their vocabulary.
Intended learning outcomes
On the completion of this subject students should be able to:
- have an in-depth knowledge of the verb systems, and a sufficient grasp of the language to allow them to read and understand simplified Hebrew newspapers and literary texts.
- be able to conduct conversation and compose short assignments.
- Have strengthened and augmented their skills in Hebrew, encompassing reading and writing, speaking and aural comprehension
- use a wider range of vocabulary about people and places including language about historical and contemporary themes;
- have improved their writing skills through extensive writing in an assortment of formats
- use more complex grammatical structures including a more diverse range of tenses and modes;
- comprehend more complex spoken Hebrew and express themselves in broader social and political contexts;
- read more sophisticated texts and practice and augment accurate writing skills;
- engage with modern historical and social subjects in Israeli and Jewish national thought and culture.