|Fees||Look up fees|
An original research project will be conducted and a monograph of 5,000 words completed under academic supervision. Preparation for this subject begins in Year 1 when students undertake Healthcare Research: Principles and Designs and new subject Research Project in Human Genomics 1.
Data collection commences in Year 2 and students are required to collect and/or analyse research data, interpret findings and write a monograph to be submitted at the end of Semester 2.
This is supplemented by fortnightly research tutorials, study in existing short courses and other relevant upskilling resources offered by The University of Melbourne.
Intended learning outcomes
- Exhibit basic skills in research management
- Collect and/or analyse research data and interpret findings
- Produce a written description of orginal research suitable for publication and peer review
- Critically evaluate personal research experience
- Logic and reasoning skills
- Data collection and analysis skills
- Organisation & time management skills
- Ability to convey information clearly in written form
Last updated: 29 October 2019