|Year of offer||Not available in 2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework Level 6|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject introduces aspects of project management, arts organisation management, arts management freelancing and independent trading. You will develop a sound knowledge of project management procedures and practical application; organisational and human resource management; strategic planning; organisational governance; financial and tax responsibilities; legal responsibilities and funding environments. A minor focuse of this subject will be on financial management and budgeting.
Intended learning outcomes
- demonstrate an understanding of project management in the arts and articulate into a range of arts disciplines;
- demonstrate an understanding of arts management within established organisations;
- understand the laws and responsibilities of freelancing and independent trading;
- understanding the Indigenous Arts section from both the viewpoint of an organisational and a freelance arts management.
On completion of this subject students should be able to
- be able to research through competent use of various information sources, and be able to define the areas of inquiry and methods of research in the preparation of seminar presentations and marketing projects;
- gain experience of methods of critical inquiry and argument leading to improved analytical skills;
- comprehend complex concepts and be able to use this knowledge to problem solve;
- be able to communicate knowledge ideologically and economically through project writing and tutorial discussion.