|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject involves in-depth investigation of a significant problem related to Health IT. The subject also provides students with skills and knowledge for analysing and solving problems, and enhanced written and oral communication skills.
The subject is fundamentally a research-based project, to provide a capstone experience and produce a piece of scholarly work suitable for conference or journal publication.
Project topics must relate to the content of another MIT (Health) subject, i.e.
- ISYS90069 eHealth and Biomedical Informatics Systems
- INFO90001 eHealth and Biomedical Informatics Methods
- ISYS90078 Health Data, Information and Knowledge
- ISYS90076 IT Infrastructure for eHealth
- ISYS90077 eHealth Applications and Solutions
Intended learning outcomes
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES (ILOs)
On completion of this subject the student is expected to:
- Independently investigate topic areas relating to Health IT
- Synthesise work related to the topic of study
- Write and present a proposal and report
On completion of this subject, students should have developed the following generic skills:
- Be able to undertake problem identification, formulation and solution
- Have a capacity for independent critical thought, rational inquiry and self-directed learning
- Have a profound respect for truth and intellectual integrity, and for the ethics of scholarship
- Be able to present work in written form
- Be able to present work orally and answer questions about it