|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
A research topic selected in consultation with the supervisor. Enrolment in the thesis is across two consecutive semesters and students must enrol in the subject in each semester to ensure they are meeting the full 37.5 point requirement for the year-long subject.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject should:
- be able to mount a sustained scholarly argument;
- have become familiar with the research and theoretical literature in their chosen field;
- have developed a capacity for engaging with and synthesising critical and analytical debates; and
- be able to devise and test new research methods as required.
Students who successfully compelte this subject should be able to:
- conceptualise and execute a substantial original research project;
- interact productively with a supervisor when reviewing drafts;
- display a high level of writing skills;
- consolidate their skills in research and scholarly citation; and
- plan and manage their time and research resources over an extended project.