|Fees||Look up fees|
The resolution of sports disputes has become more formalised and complex over the past two decades, especially with the emergence of international bodies such as the Court of Arbitration for Sport. The importance of understanding the legal principles, processes and skills of sports dispute resolution has never been greater. The lecturers bring to this subject an impressive knowledge and experience in the theoretical and practical aspects of sports dispute resolution at national and international levels.
Principal topics include:
- The legal principles (substantive and procedural) that comprise the ‘ius ludorum’ (law of games)
- Types of sport resolution procedures (domestic and international)
- Techniques for effective advocacy and decision-making in sports dispute resolution.
Intended learning outcomes
A student who has successfully completed this subject will:
- Understand the general legal principles (substantive and procedural) applicable to the resolution of sporting disputes
- Understand techniques applied in the resolution of sporting disputes
- Have developed skills to effectively engage in sports dispute resolution.
Last updated: 18 December 2020