Semester 1 - On Campus
Semester 1 - Online
|Fees||Look up fees|
Introduction to the theory and practice of language testing in a range of second language contexts. Topics covered include testing listening, reading, writing, speaking, grammar, vocabulary, pragmatics, test analysis, construction and validation of language tests, classroom language assessment and alternative assessment practices. Students will be encouraged to develop solutions to language assessment problems relevant to their own work settings.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- have an understanding of the main debates and issues in language testing;
- be able to conduct a small scale test development or research in the field of language assessment.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- have developed research skills;
- have developed critical thinking and analytic skills;
- be able to communicate ideas through writing.
Last updated: 18 December 2020