|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This capstone project will provide the culmination of the Master of Data Science degree. It will apply the skills developed during the degree to a practical problem of relevance to science, industry, commerce or society in general. Students will continue to work in their teams established in MULT90106 Data Science Project Part 1 or individually again under only general guidance from staff members. They are expected to present technically correct results in a fashion acceptable to industry-based and other clients.
Students will be continue to be expected to complete diaries to log their work on the project so that the extent of their contribution to group projects can be determined. In this part of the project students will complete the project and present a group project report and oral presentation.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject aims to provide students with:
- The ability to apply contemporary data science techniques to a practical problem.
- The ability to project manage as part of a team in order to design the program of work, complete the analysis of project results and compile the project report
- The ability to present results at a career-ready level
In addition to learning specific skills that will assist students in their future careers in sdata cience, they should progressively acquire generic skills from this subject that will assist them in any future career path. These include:
- problem-solving skills: the ability to engage with unfamiliar problems and identify relevant solution strategies;
- analytical skills: the ability to construct and express logical arguments and to work in abstract or general terms to increase the clarity and efficiency of analysis;
- collaborative skills: the ability to work in a team;
- time management skills: the ability to meet regular deadlines while balancing competing commitments.
- the ability to work in a team environment.