- Assessment of lecture component of the subject, comprising submitted work not exceeding 25 pages over semester 1 (semester 2 for semester 2 students), (approximately 75-80 hours of work per student) - (20%).
- Continuous assessment of a Progress Report, consisting of a verbal presentation and a short report, requiring approximately 30 to 35 hours of work per student - (10%).
- Public display of project - Endeavour Exhibition (approximately 35-40 hours of work per student), due at the end of semester 2, (for semester 1 projects, this will be absorbed into other assessable components) - (10%).
- Oral examination not exceeding 60 minutes, towards the end of semester 1 (for sem 1 projects) or semester 2 (for sem 2 and year long projects), (approximately 75-80 hours of work per student) - (15%).
- Final report not exceeding 40 pages (excluding appendices) due at the end of semester 1 or 2 (approximately 180-200 hours of work per student) - (45%).
Hurdle Requirement - All components of the assessment must be satisfactorily completed to pass the subject.
Intended Learning Outcomes
(ILOs) 1, 2, and 3 are assessed in all assessment components.
ILOs 4 and 5 are primarily assessed in the continuous assessment of the project management component of the course.
Last updated: 5 December 2019