|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject develops knowledge of theories of human behaviour in an organisational setting, and leadership theories and practices.
Topics covered include:
- Managing employees for peak performance
- Developing effective leaders through coaching and mentoring
- Evaluating the role of people management for organisational performance
Intended learning outcomes
- Appreciate the importance of human resources management to organisational outcomes.
- Understand how to develop effective leaders.
- Know how behaviour in organisational settings can link to strategy.
- Appreciate the practices implemented by 'high performance' organisations.
- Analysis and problem solving;
- Ability to apply theory and research to problems facing organisations;
- Identify practical steps for the management of employee performance in organisations; and
- Oral and written communication.
Last updated: 20 August 2019