|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject introduces the basic theoretical framework of marketing including segmentation, buyer behaviour, product management, market communications, channel management and pricing decisions. Students are also introduced to basic concepts in market research, management or marketing programs and marketing ethics.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject should:
- Understand the nature and challenges of being market oriented.
- Know how to define markets and segment them, as well as how to target market segments and position with them.
- Appreciate the complexities of customer behaviours and in particular the role of the customer’s unconscious thoughts and emotions.
- Understand and analyse the nature of the customer experience and understand how integrated branding and communications can be used to improve the customer experience.
On successful completion of this subject students should have enhanced their skills in:
- Ethical behaviour in leadership and organisations
- Analysis and problem solving
- Capacity for intellectual curiosity, creativity and independent thought
- Communication of key ideas and theories within the discipline areas
- Capacity for effective teamwork and collaboration
- Information retrieval and application in relation to practical problems.
Last updated: 6 December 2019