|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject is designed to provide a strong foundation in theories and research in the area of consumer behaviour. This will involve an examination and understanding of various topics in social sciences such as cognitive psychology, social psychology, etc. and apply these to understand consumer behaviours. We will cover various topics such as consumer processing of market information, how information is incorporated into decision-making, factors influencing decision-making, and major methodologies available for investigating consumer behaviours.
Intended learning outcomes
Describe past research which has led to the advancement of our understanding of consumer behaviours;
On successful completion of this subject, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Reading, comprehending and critical evaluation of research articles published in various academic journals;
- Integration, evaluation and synthesis of knowledge from various areas of consumer research and related disciplines;
- Application of existing research methods in order to test hypotheses;
- Oral and communication skills, through seminar discussions and presentations; and
- Written skills, developed through the assignments.
Last updated: 6 December 2019