|Fees||Look up fees|
This is a mixed instrumental and vocal ensemble of 12–20 members that performs music of the Renaissance. Instruments for the players will be made available from the University’s instrument collection.
Intended learning outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency in matters concerning medieval and Renaissance style and further their technical development as ensemble musicians.
- participate with ability and self-confidence as a team member of a performing group
- prepare period works towards performance with a more detailed knowledge of stylistic differences and developments
- identify and exhibit specific knowledge of a range of ensemble repertoire
- exhibit an informed respect for the values and principles of ensemble performance
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- demonstrate a capacity to think critically and independently
- study selected repertoire relevant to the ensemble to performance standard
- apply time and people management skills to rehearsal and performance planning
- demonstrate teamwork skills in rehearsal/performance group
Last updated: 6 December 2019