|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject continues development for students pursuing musical composition as a personally-directed creative activity. Students create a folio of original music (scores and recordings) including composition projects covering areas of compositional philosophy, technique, directed listening and score reading. They will collectively stage a concert that will include one of their own works. There will be an end-of-semester test covering set listening and reading.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should have:
- a more advanced development of their individual musical ideas and working methods;
- developed new ideas in the creation of musical works through practice and experiment;
- become fluent in the use of electronic music equipment (including digital hardware and software), and its creative application;
- further extended knowledge and awareness of the contemporary music repertoire.
On completion of this subject students should have further developed:
- the ability to think laterally in relation to concepts and problem-solving;
- the ability to communicate in an abstract medium;
- the ability to take initial creative ideas through to completion, including publication, public presentation and promotion.