|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Students will develop a thorough technical background to cope with all stylistic demands. Areas to be covered include advanced study of instrumental or vocal technique and all related aspects of music performance. In addition, classes in the repertoire and materials of the instrument will be undertaken.
In order to contextualise their education within the best practices of local, national and international standards, students are expected to work competently and productively as team members both alone and in groups, for example participation in individual lessons and Concert Class/Orchestral related ensembles. In order to ensure the highest level of performance preparation, 100% attendance is expected.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the subject, students should be able to:
- perform technically based repertoire with assured musical fluency
- conceptualise and develop solutions for advanced technical difficulties
- evaluate and address technical demands in selected repertoire
- respond with musical assurance and maturity to the aesthetic qualities of technical repertoire
- develop best performanec practice skills within individual and/or group settings
Students who have studied this subject will further develop and enhance:
- problem solving skills
- skills in more complex critical thinking and self-evaluation