|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Students will establish a sizeable concert repertory covering all styles, and develop their ability to manage stress to ensure sound concert presentation at a professional level. Areas to be covered include advanced study of instrumental or vocal technique, and specialisation in all related aspects of music performance. Classes in the repertoire and materials of the instrument will also be undertaken.
In order to contextualise their education within the best practices of local, national and international standards, students are expected to work competently and productively as team members both alone and in groups, for example participation in individual lessons, performance class, orchestral and/or related ensembles. In order to ensure the highest level of performance preparation, 100% attendance is expected.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the subject, students should be able to:
- conceive, design and implement the creation of a musically coherent recital program;
- demonstrate sustained artistic maturity in the preparation of recital repertoire;
- perform the component works of a program with assured musical understanding;
- sustain a level of instrumental or vocal craft that communicates and enhances the repertoire presented;
- develop best performance practice skills within individual and/or group settings.
Students who have studied this subject should develop and enhance:
- problem-solving skills;
- skills in critical thinking and self-evaluation.