|Fees||Look up fees|
- Development of research skills and knowledge of research methodology;
- Discussion of issues relevant to students’ areas of research;
- Examination of historical and contemporary practices in composition, improvisation and performance, and
- Formal presentation of at least one research paper (there is a minimum of one hour per month supervision of the research paper).
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should have gained the ability to explore in depth areas of particular interest or relevance to a students' professional performance aspirations.
Upon completing this subject students should have developed:
- The ability to analyse musical style and form;
- The ability to investigate and research musical issues;
- The ability to understand contemporary musical practice;
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
Last updated: 29 October 2019