|Year of offer||Not available in 2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Students will develop their techniques as duo and duet pianists and study selected repertoire, drawing from a range of the duet and duo literature from the 18th century to the present day.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Prepare and perform a duo and duet program with technical confidence and musical capability;
- Demonstrate rehearsal and communication skills in the preparation of straightforward and stylistically diverse repertoire in the area of piano duet and piano duo.
On completion of this subject, students will have developed the following generic skills:
- Demonstration of technical development as duo/duet pianists;
- Performing selected repertoire to concert standard;
- Demonstration of critical and independent thinking in matters of performance;
- Identification of diverse cultural references in the duo/duet literature;
- Development of teamwork skills in the duo/duet pianist role including rehearsal techniques.