|Fees||Look up fees|
An overview of research methods used in the music therapy context. This will include the development of a research question, identifying the appropriate paradigm, and project design. Qualitative and quantitative approaches will be delineated and discussed drawing on applied music therapy research. Students will be challenged to consider the relevance of different approaches for developing music therapy knowledge.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Critically analyse methods of research in music therapy;
- Delineate criteria for quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Critically examine research designs and identify methodological flaws;
- Discuss and debate current issues in music therapy research.
On completion of this subject, students should have developed:
- High level critical analysis skills;
- The capacity to contribute to intellectual debate;
- Skills in appreciating subjective and objective understandings.
Last updated: 29 October 2019